99-Cent Store Solution #2: Torn Window Screen
Torn screens are a nuisance, but an easy solution can be found for under $2. Get rid of one of life’s greatest annoyances for less than a buck. Among the things that make us nuts:
- An empty carton of milk in the fridge
- A flat tire
That tiny hole is just the invitation bugs need to break in. No need for a handyman or a replacement screen. You’ll find the right bug deterrent at the 99-cent store, if it’s not already on hand in your bathroom cabinet. But going to the dollar store is fun — you never know what you’ll find. Like cheap soda.
- Clear nail polish, 99 cents
- Two slightly dented cans of soda, 99 cents
- Total: $1.98
What you do:
- Apply the clear nail polish on both sides of the torn area. Slather it on so it builds up a nice barrier.
- Watch it dry transparently.
- Enjoy your soda.
HARMON LEON, Author